Facts about Pregnancy After Loss compiled by Lindsey M. Henke; Infographic designed and illustrated by Lloyd W. Meek.
At Pregnancy After Loss Support, we work diligently to stay abreast of the latest research that is relevant to pregnancy after loss. We’ve created this infographic to share some of the basic facts about pregnancy after loss with our community and those who may need educating on the experience of pregnancy after loss. A black and white printable download is also available.
To see a full listing of current research relevant to pregnancy after loss, see our research page.
10 Facts about Pregnancy After Loss
- Blackmore, E., Cote-Arsenault, D., Tang, W., Glover, V., Evans, J., Golding, J., O’conner, T., (2011). Previous prenatal loss as a predictor of perinatal depression and anxiety. The British Journal of Psychiatry. 198:373-378.
- Giannandrea, S. A., Cerulli, C., Anson, E., & Chaudron, L. H. (2013). Increased Risk for Postpartum Psychiatric Disorders Among Women with Past Pregnancy Loss. Journal Of Women’s Health.
- Gold, K., Boggs, M., Mugisha, E., Palladino, C., (2012). Internet message boards for pregnancy loss: Who’s on-line and why?Women’s Health Issues. 22-1, e67-e72.
- O’Leary, J. (2004). Grief and its impact on prenatal attachment in the subsequent pregnancy. Archives Of Women’s Mental Health, 7(1), 7-18. doi:10.1007/s00737-003-0037-1.
- O’Leary J, Thorwick C, Parker L: The baby leads the way: Supporting the emotional needs of families’ pregnant following Perinatal loss. 2nd edition. Edited by Ragland, K. Mpls, MN; 2012.
- Wheeler, S. R. (2000). A Loss of Innocence and a Gain in Vulnerability: Subsequent Pregnancy after a Loss. Illness, Crisis & Loss, 8(3), 310.
[…] of: Pregnancy After Loss Support. Complied by Lindsey M. Henke; Designed and Illustrated by Lloyd W. […]
Just wanted to ask what about women who experience a lost and simultaneously finds out she can no longer get pregnant
Oh, Deianna, I am so very sorry for your loss and the double blow of another pregnancy not being an option. Sending you much love. Do you know about our sister site, Still Mothers? Their focus is entirely on families who go on without another pregnancy. I hope you’re check them out.
~Valerie Meek, Operations Director at Pregnancy After Loss Support
Has anyone had any issues of thyroid levels being within range but on the higher end and dr stating they should go on thyroid Meds?
[…] as many resources out there for PAL as there are for infant loss and grieving, but I have found the Pregnancy After Loss Support website helpful. Here are just a couple of facts about PAL from that […]